CBD WRITERS: We’re still looking! If you have any interest in writing CBD reviews or articles, please send me an email (contact info below).
VAPE WRITERS: We haven’t made any decisions yet, but we already have an impressive group of writers to choose from. No further applicants are needed right now, but I’ll send out an update if that changes.
I’ll just get right to the point: we want to make VAPE.DEALS better! One of the ways we can do that is by bringing Articles and Product Reviews back to the site. Unfortunately, Mark and I just don’t have the time to do this anymore…and this is where YOU come in. We’re looking for 2 types of content:
We’d like to start featuring original articles about the CBD and Vaping industries. Examples: Tutorials, User Experiences, Hacks, Advocacy, Success Stories, Tips & Tricks, Top 10 Lists, etc. Anything! All articles will be considered. We do have a few specific topics in mind too. If writers are willing to accept any of these unique assignments, they would automatically earn a free gift card after their article is published. Any articles (that we publish) that were not assigned or pre-approved by us will be entered into a monthly Giveaway.
If you would be interested in writing reviews in exchange for FREE CBD products or Vape Gear, please send me an email with a written review that I can look over. Never done a review? Just grab your favorite product and write one up! After we pick our favorites, we’ll arrange to have some free products mailed to you for review.
There’s only 1 qualification: that you’re a relatively experienced CBD user or vaper. That’s pretty much it! Of course, it’s important to use proper grammar and impart some of your unique style/personality into the reviews too. See below for writing tips.
Please contact me (Jeremy) if you are interested: [email protected]
**The subject line of your email should read: “WRITER” + Your First/Last Name
[ARTICLE WRITERS] Please specify your area of interest: CBD, Vaping, or Both. Also, include a sample of your work and indicate whether or not you’d be open to taking on specific writing assignments. If you’d prefer to just do your own thing, that’s fine too.
[REVIEWERS] Please indicate your area of interest: CBD, Vaping, or Both. Also, include a written review that I can look over. If I don’t respond to your email, please don’t take it the wrong way. We’re only looking for 1 – 2 product reviewers right now, but I’ll send out another notification (or contact you directly) if/when more spots open up.
Content Guidelines (Subject to Change)
- All content must be 100% original (plagiarism will not be tolerated)
- The article must contain at least 1,500 words
- Writers must be 21 or older…and willing to prove it
- For shipping reasons, we’d prefer writers to be located in the US
- Writers are free to promote themselves (website, blog, social media, YouTube, etc.)
- Use of mild profanity is permitted, just try to keep it relatively clean
- NO HEALTH CLAIMS (for legal reasons)
- No affiliate links
- Writers should be willing to address any comments on their posts
- Must include at least 4 original pictures to use in the review
- Must be submitted within 2 weeks of receiving product
- Stick with newer products (no more than 6 months old)
- 1 product at a time (after the review gets posted, we’ll get you more!)
Tips for Writing a Good Article
- #1 PRIORITY IS CBD: We have a lot of vaping posts on this site…and very little CBD content. We’d like to change that. Articles related to CBD and reviewers interested in CBD products will be our first priority.
- BE HONEST: The objective is to help consumers make an informed decision about purchasing and using products. Positive and negative opinions are equally welcome, just be clear about why you feel a particular way.
- SPELL-CHECK: Articles with fewer spelling and grammar issues will always have an advantage. Take the time to proof-read your document before sending it.
- CATEGORIES: Articles are easier to read when you break them down into smaller categories.
- DON’T DRAG IT OUT: Constantly remind yourself that most people don’t like to read anymore. To maintain your readers’ attention, you’ll need to keep things moving at a steady pace. For example: don’t waste a whole paragraph describing the build deck or packaging. Instead, do it with 2 – 3 sentences and rely on a picture to fill in the blanks.