Looks like a nationwide flavored e-liquid ban is in the works right now via president Trump and the secretary of health Alex Azar.
Please take a few minutes to call and e-mail Trump/Azar/your specific representatives (links below).
- Flavored e-liquid was critical in your transition to vaping.
- 1300 people die every day from tobacco-related illnesses.
- Nicotine e-liquid vaping has no tar or carbon monoxide.
- Nicotine is not a carcinogen.
- It is tainted black market THC liquid vaping that is responsible for the recent deaths and lung illness, NOT flavored nicotine e-liquid.
- Flavored nicotine e-liquid has not killed a single person in the 13 years it has been around.
- I need access to harm reduction products that are presently working for me.
- Less than 3% of youth are regular vapers, we need to address this without taking away flavors and forcing me back to combustible cigarettes.
- The real “epidemic” is the estimated yearly 13,000 youth suicides and 8,000 yearly youth deaths that are alcohol-related.
Phone Number Comments: 202-456-1111
Alex M. Azar HHS Office of the Secretary
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Phone Number: 202-690-7000
Find your specific representative
Sign the White House Petition but know that just doing that is not enough.
Yesterday, Donald Trump, along with HHS secretary Alex Azaar, announced that the administration would be banning all flavored vapor products from the market. The move is in response to early findings from the National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) that show the number of young people who vape has increased by 25% in 2019 (accompanied by a 28% decline in teen smoking).
The White House needs to hear from adult vapers and anyone who loves a vaper! A flavor ban won’t protect our children, but it will kill their parents.
We need to
Light Up The Switchboard
At The Whitehouse!
On your call:
- The operator will likely ask where they can direct your call
- Simply tell them that flavored vapor products saved your life; and,
- tell them “We Vape, We Vote.
Be polite, be brief, and say thank you.
>>>Share this post!<<<
We know that people are scared and angry and we wish there were some hopeful words that we could offer to make things better, but this is just about as bad as we’ve seen it. We are facing a total favor ban on a massive, national scale, and such a measure will bolster state and local lawmakers to take similar action. While any enforcement action coming the FDA will likely take weeks or months, cities and states can move faster. We are also constantly facing waves of disinformation from officials who are supposed to be looking out for public health.
In the coming days and weeks, we will be working to provide you with up-to-date information and opportunities to connect with lawmakers. Some of you will probably need to save up for plane and bus tickets–whether your heading to D.C. or your state capitol. Everyone will need to share their stories, especially with people who are curious about switching to vaping instead of continuing to smoke.
But today, lets show the White House just how many people the administration is putting at risk. Light up the phones!
Thank you for Taking Action,